Fast-Track Welding/Metal Fabrication
Tuition: $1,850 (Grant funding opportunities available with registration)
Introduction to welding including AWS weld certification in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW).
Students will also learn foundations of metal fabrication including to safely adjust light up, and shut down an Oxy-Acetylene torch, and also set up an Oxy-Acetylene portable unit.
This 9-week program includes:
• 60 hours of in-person training
• All materials and supplies
• Course manuals and AWS online access
• Assistance with grant opportunities to cover tuition
• In class, qualified instructors and on-site AWS Certified Instructor to complete welding certifications
• Assistance with job placement
• Access to NCMC facilities and learning resources
- Note: One Saturday (8am – 2 pm) will be scheduled for AWS Weld Certification. Date to be determined.
- Students to provide steel toed shoes and miscellaneous shop clothing. Little Traverse Bay Band to supply students with a starter welding kit.