Fast-Track Healthcare Phlebotomy Program
Phlebotomy Technician - Phlebotomy Certification
Instructor: Dawn Guy, RN, BSN
Location: Online and NCMC Campus
Tuition: $1,700 (Grant funding opportunities available with registration)
Phlebotomy technicians perform one of the most widely needed duties in healthcare settings - drawing blood from patients.With full certification, you will be able to perform your duties as a phlebotomy technician in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, diagnostic labs, nursing homes, dialysis centers, and more!
Earn your certification as a Phlebotomy Technician in just three weeks. Students will take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification exam on-site at our Petoskey campus.
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials
This 4-week program includes:
• Three weeks of online training and videos
• All textbooks and workbooks
• Assistance with grant opportunities to cover tuition
• Access to qualified instructors
• Certification fees for certification exam
• In-person skill testing - Half day on November 21st.
• Placement into a medical facility for live blood draws for the week of November 28th.
• Assistance with job placement and networking opportunities
• Access to NCMC facilities and learning resources