Ask about alternate start dates
Fast-Track Healthcare Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician Certification
Class Dates: This class can start on demand
Tuition: $3,500 (Grant funding opportunities available with registration)
If you enjoy helping people, serving in a busy and challenging environment, and staying at the front of medical technology, a pharmacy technician career may be a great choice for you.
In our Fast Track Professional Pharmacy Technician Program, you'll learn the skills and get the hands-on training needed to assist pharmacists in processing and filling prescriptions at retail pharmacies. After completing your online classes, you'll apply for an externship at a local pharmacy before graduating from the program. Additionally, you'll prepare to sit for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
This 20-week* program includes:
• 400 hours of online training
• Interactive sessions and real-world simulations
• Assistance with grant opportunities to cover tuition
• All textbooks and Pharmacy Lab kit (mailed to you)
• Access to communication with qualified instructors
• Certification fees for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians Exam
• Placement into a 100-hour externship program at a local pharmacy
• Assistance with job placement
• Access to NCMC facilities and learning resources
* Completion time may vary per student
Objectives and Outline
Instructor and Requirements
Pharmacy Tech Program Consultant, Craig Rapin
Craig will oversee student progress through the program and be available for questions from students. Craig has lived in the Petoskey area for 30 years. He graduated from Ferris State College of Pharmacy in 1989. He co-owned Prescription Services Pharmacy with his wife for ten years. They specialized in compounding, oncology/infusion, hospice, and nutritional counseling as well as tribal health. He was on the Institutional Review Board at Northern Michigan Hospital for ten years reviewing drug studies. He currently works part time at Kelbel Pharmacy in Harbor Springs and co-owns an organic vegetable farm in Cross Village.