Winter Stress Reduction Course
Living an alive life is what this course is all about. Exploring stress management through mindfulness.
Life is short, and your time is important. This evidence-based program has 40 years of research supporting it. It may be right for you if:
Some Possible Benefits:
- You would like to learn how to better cope with and manage stress
- You are interested in exploring mindfulness techniques and bringing new practices into your life
- You would like to acquire skills to choose to focus on the positive, aka "Growing the Good"
- You enjoy experiential learning
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Reduced symptoms of chronic pain
- Enhanced use of self-care and gratitude
- Increased positive coping behaviors
- Improved focus, attention, and sleep
The class includes daily home practices, which will be shared at orientation
Online Orientation: Monday, February 6, 6:00-8:30 pm EST
Online Classes: Mondays 6:00-8:30 pm EST, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 4/3, 4/10
In Person All-Day Retreat:
Saturday, March 18th from 8:45 am-4:30 pm.
Where: NCMC Library Conference Center, Petoskey, MI
All you need is a desire to learn and a willingness to join us.
*Please plan to attend all classes. If you need to miss more than two classes, please take the course at another time.
Cancellations are non-refundable within 24 hours of this event.
Instructor, Amy Janssens, MA
Amy Janssens is a mindfulness educator, MBSR Teacher trained through Brown University, and a Mindful Schools Certified Instructor. Amy brings evidence-based practices to reduce stress and increase joy. As a licensed teacher, Amy holds a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Michigan State University.
Amy shares practices and tools for self-regulation and self-awareness with children, adults, families, schools, businesses, and non-profit organizations throughout Michigan. Passionate about teaching and learning, Amy loves to empower others with the tools to show up in the ways they most want and form deeper connections in their lives.